Summer is finally here! Everyone has their favorite summer products so I thought I would share what I feel is essential for summer!
1. A distressed pair of jean shorts. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to style and I am definitely a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl! During the summer I pretty much live in jean shorts. While I have my nicer pairs, I think it’s important to have a nice old distressed pair. You can pretty much pair these with anything and they look good! They are also super comfortable and practical.
2. Dry Shampoo. While I use this stuff all year round I definitely use it more in the summer! I know personally my hair can look like a hot mess after a day by the pool. It can be a hassle to have to take a full shower before being able to go anywhere and sometimes there just isn’t time! This is why dry shampoo is a lifesaver for me! This does not mean you should skip showers it the summer but after a long day this stuff works wonders! I have used many different brands but I currently use Batista’s dry shampoo and I’m loving it!
3. Urban Decay All-Nighter. This is another product that I use all year round but I find essential during the summer! When I think of summer I tend to think of heat and water. Both of those can cause disasters with makeup! Using a setting spray can help to protect your makeup and help it last all day. I feel as though I’ve mentioned this product before but it really is that good. If you don’t believe me just read all the reviews!
4. Bronzer. Doesn’t everyone want that sun kissed glow of summer? Many of us don’t have the opportunities to spend as much time in the sun as we want to. For me even if I do my face never seems to tan therefore bronzer is a must! A couple of months ago my sisters Master Hi-Light bronzer by Maybelline got mixed up in my makeup and since it was there I decided to try it. I am now in love! It gives the perfect glow without being overwhelming. I now use it everyday.
5. Water! Ok I know this isn’t actually a “product” but it is important. I know when I don’t drink enough water (which honestly is most of the time) I don’t feel right. During the summer when we are out in the heat we need even more water. It is so important to keep hydrated! I have linked a post on Angelic Cooper’s blog that talks about the importance of drinking water that I think everyone should read!
6. Sunscreen. I know, I’ve heard it before, you don’t want to wear sunscreen because you want a tan. Well guess what! You can still get tan through sunscreen. No SPF can block out all of the UV rays but it can help protect us from some of the harsh ones that cause burns. I am very fair skinned and skin cancer runs in my family therefore it is important for me to wear SPF when I go out in the sun. As a kid my mom would lather us up every few hours which has made me forever LOVE the smell of coppertone! This year I have decided to try a more natural sunscreen. I have seen recipes to make your own all natural sunscreen but I don’t think I’m ready for that quite yet. I bought some by the brand Ology at Walgreens however I haven’t used it enough yet to give an opinion. If you know a good all natural sunscreen feel free to leave it in the comments below!
There are so many more products out there that are great for summer but these are my top 6 for the year 2015.
What are your summer essentials?